You’ve got your boudoir outfits planned, know exactly what you’re doing with your hair, and have already spoken to the makeup artist about that wicked cat eye. Now is the time to consider your accessories, which can make or break your outfits.
Here are 5 things to keep in mind when choosing the right accessories for your boudoir outfits:
1. Don’t let the accessories wear you. Too big or too zany can overwhelm your face and body, taking away from the overall picture. This is about you.
2. Choose accessories that means something to you. Maybe you want to wear a ring your significant other gave you, or those earrings that always earn you compliments.
3. Try not to choose anything that’s heavily ornamented. In a few years, ultra trendy items can look really, really out dated. Funky and fun are A-OK, of course, but be thoughtful in your decisions.
4. Make sure your accessories all work well with your outfits. For example, dangly earrings may look best with your hair up while the studs look good with your hair down.
5. Get a second, and third, opinion. Wear everything you plan to put on for your boudoir session day and ask for someone else’s advice. Take some pictures, even, and ask your friends if they have any suggestions.